UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED IN WRITING, ALL SALES ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. GENERAL. Doe & Ingalls, LLC (“Seller”) hereby offers for sale to the buyer named on the face hereof (“Buyer”) the products listed on the face hereof (the “Products”) on the express condition that Buyer agrees to accept and be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Any provisions contained in any document issued by Buyer are expressly rejected and if the terms and conditions in this Agreement differ from the terms of Buyer’s offer, this document shall be construed as a counter offer and shall not be effective as an acceptance of Buyer’s document. Buyer’s receipt of Products or Seller’s commencement of the services provided hereunder will constitute Buyer’s acceptance of this Agreement. This is the complete and exclusive statement of the contract between Seller and Buyer with respect to Buyer’s purchase of the Products. No waiver, consent, modification, amendment or change of the terms contained herein shall be binding unless in writing and signed by Seller and Buyer. Seller’s failure to object to terms contained in any subsequent communication from Buyer will not be a waiver or modification of the terms set forth herein. All orders are subject to acceptance in writing by an authorized representative of Seller.
2. PRICE. All prices published by Seller or quoted by Seller’s representatives may be changed. All prices for the Products will be Seller’s price in effect at the time of shipment. The Buyer will be notified of price changes to a Product prior to shipment.
3. TAXES AND OTHER CHARGES. Prices for the Products exclude all sales, value added and other taxes and duties imposed with respect to the sale, delivery, or use of any Products covered hereby, all of which taxes and duties must by paid by Buyer. If Buyer claims any exemption, Buyer must provide a valid, signed certificate or letter of exemption for each respective jurisdiction.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT. Seller may invoice Buyer upon shipment for the price and all other charges payable by Buyer in accordance with the terms on the face hereof. If no payment terms are stated on the face hereof, payment shall be net thirty (30) days from the date of invoice. Seller reserves the right to require from Buyer full or partial payment in advance, or other security that is satisfactory to Seller, at any time that Seller believes in good faith that Buyer’s financial condition does not justify the terms of payment specified. All payments shall be made in U.S. Dollars.
5. DELIVERY; CANCELLATION OR CHANGES BY BUYER. The Products will be shipped to the destination specified by Buyer, F.O.B. Seller’s shipping point. Seller reserves the right to stop delivery of Products in transit and to withhold shipments if Buyer fails to make any payment to Seller when due or otherwise fails to perform its obligations hereunder. All shipping dates are approximate only, and Seller will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any delay in delivery or failure to deliver which is due to any cause beyond Seller’s reasonable control. Orders in process may be canceled only with Seller’s written consent and upon payment of Seller’s cancellation charges. Orders in process may not be changed except with Seller’s written consent and upon agreement by the parties as to an appropriate adjustment in the purchase price therefor. Credit will not be allowed for Products returned without the prior written consent of Seller.
6. TITLE AND RISK OF LOSS. Notwithstanding the trade terms indicated above and subject to Seller’s right to stop delivery of Products in transit, title to and risk of loss of the Products will pass to Buyer upon delivery of possession of the Products by Seller to the carrier.
7. WARRANTY Products supplied by Seller that are obtained by Seller from an original manufacturer or third party supplier are not warranted by Seller, but Seller agrees to assign to Buyer any warranty rights in such Product that Seller may have from the original manufacturer or third party supplier, to the extent such assignment is allowed by such original manufacturer or third party supplier. Disclaimer of Warranties: Doe & Ingalls does not warrant the products except as provided by the manufacturer in any manufacturer’s warranty that is assigned to the customer hereunder, the products are sold to customer ‘as is’. Doe & Ingalls specifically disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with the respect to the products. In no event will Doe & Ingalls be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages that may result to the customer from the use of the products.
8.1 By Seller. Seller agrees to indemnify, defend and save Buyer, its officer, directors, and employees from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Indemnified Items”) for (i) injury to or death of persons or damage to property to the extent caused by the negligence or willful misconduct of Seller, its employees, agents or representatives or contractors in connection with the performance of services at Buyer’s premises under this Agreement and (ii) claims that a Product infringes any valid United States patent, copyright or trade secret; provided, however, Seller shall have no liability under this Section to the extent any such Indemnified Items are caused by either (i) the negligence or willful misconduct of Buyer, its employees, agents or representatives or contractors, (ii) by any third party, (iii) use of a Product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by Seller where the Product would not itself be infringing, (iv) compliance with Buyer’s designs, specifications or instructions, (v) use of the Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed or (vi) modifications of the Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller’s prior written approval. Buyer shall provide Seller prompt written notice of any third party claim covered by Seller’s indemnification obligations hereunder. Seller shall have the right to assume exclusive control of the defense of such claim or, at the option of the Seller, to settle the same. Buyer agrees to cooperate reasonably with Seller in connection with the performance by Seller of its obligations in this Section.
Notwithstanding the above, Seller’s infringement related indemnification obligations shall be extinguished and relieved if Seller, at its discretion and at its own expense (a) procures for Buyer the right, at no additional expense to Buyer, to continue using the Product; (b) replaces or modifies the Product so that it becomes non-infringing, provided the modification or replacement does not adversely affect the specifications of the Product; or (c) in the event (a) and (b) are not practical, refund to Buyer the amortized amounts paid by Buyer with respect thereto, based on a five (5) year amortization schedule. THE FOREGOING INDEMNIFICATION PROVISION STATES SELLER’S ENTIRE LIABILITY TO BUYER FOR THE CLAIMS DESCRIBED HEREIN.
8.2 By Buyer. Buyer shall indemnify, defend with competent and experienced counsel and hold harmless Seller, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and divisions, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders and employees, from and against any and all damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, suits, claims, demands, losses, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and disbursements and court costs) to the extent arising from or in connection with (i) the negligence or willful misconduct of Buyer, its agents, employees, representatives or contractors; (ii) use of a Product in combination with equipment or software not supplied by Seller where the Product itself would not be infringing; (iii) Seller’s compliance with designs, specifications or instructions supplied to Seller by Buyer; (iv) use of a Product in an application or environment for which it was not designed; or (v) modifications of a Product by anyone other than Seller without Seller’s prior written approval.
9. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS Buyer acknowledges that each Product is subject to export controls of the U.S. government. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, treaties, and agreements relating to the export, re-export, and import of any Item. Buyer shall not, without first obtaining the required license to do so from the appropriate U.S. government agency; (i) export or re-export any Item, or (ii) export, re-export, distribute or supply any Item to any restricted or embargoed country or to a person or entity whose privilege to participate in exports has been denied or restricted by the U.S. government. Buyer shall cooperate fully with Seller in any official or unofficial audit or inspection related to applicable export or import control laws or regulations, and shall indemnify and hold Seller harmless from, or in connection with, any violation of this Section by Buyer or its employees, consultants, agents, or customers.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. (a) Buyer may not delegate any duties nor assign any rights or claims hereunder without Seller’s prior written consent, and any such attempted delegation or assignment shall be void. (b) The rights and obligations of the parties hereunder shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Delaware (USA), without reference to its choice of law provisions. (c) In the event of any legal proceeding between the Seller and Buyer relating to this Agreement, neither party may claim the right to a trial by jury, and both parties waive any right they may have under applicable law or otherwise to a right to a trial by jury. Any action arising under this Agreement must be brought within one (1) year from the date that the cause of action arose. (d) The application to this Agreement of the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is hereby expressly excluded. (e) In the event that any one or more provisions contained herein shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions contained herein shall remain in full force and effect, unless the revision materially changes the bargain. (f) Seller’s failure to enforce, or Seller’s waiver of a breach of, any provision contained herein shall not constitute a waiver of any other breach or of such provision. (g) Unless otherwise expressly stated on the Product or in the documentation accompanying the Product, the Product is intended for research only and is not to be used for any other purpose, including without limitation, unauthorized commercial uses, in vitro diagnostic uses, ex vivo or in vivo therapeutic uses, or any type of consumption by or application to humans or animals. (h) Buyer agrees that all pricing, discounts and technical information that Seller provides to Buyer are the confidential and proprietary information of Seller. Buyer agrees to (1) keep such information confidential and not disclose such information to any third party, and (2) use such information solely for Buyer’s internal purposes and in connection with the Products supplied hereunder. Nothing herein shall restrict the use of information available to the general public. (i) Any notice or communication required or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed received when personally delivered or three (3) business days after being sent by certified mail, postage prepaid, to a party at the address specified herein or at such other address as either party may from time to time designate to the other.